Introduction: DIY Cozmo Robot Expressions
Step 1: Components Required
- Arduino Robot (I suggest my Arduino Robot for under $5)
- OLED I2C Display (I found one for $3.10)
- LCD Mount (I just made a box out of cardboard)
This spunky little robot could cost you less than $9, if you pick the right robot.
Step 2: Programming and Assembly
- Load the code attached below into your Arduino robot (as per instructions provided with your robot)
- Plug the LCD into the correct I2C and power pins on the Arduino (as per the LCD instructions)
- Fit the LCD mount onto the robot
- Attach the LCD to the mount Power the robot And watch the fun begin.
Step 3: Make a New Expression
- Unzip the "Image2Code.jar" file attached below (I can't remember where I got this app, but it sure is handy)
- Double click on the jar file to run it (requires java on your machine)
- Select "Choose a file", pick the new file you created, and click "Open"
- Click down in the text below the picture that the app generated
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the text and then Ctrl+C to copy it
I plan to make additional expressions and change them when sensors are activated. I’ve also uploaded some
TnComm made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Whitch kind of arduino i need?
if you are asking to run the display and motors almost any arduino is fine, i am trying this on arduino uno, the arduino used in this page is arduino pro mini
Actually I used an Arduino Pro Mini ($1.38 each), but an Arduino Nano works as well.
Here is my instructable for the cheap (~$5) robot I made to use the screen and face expressions: www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Robot-for-Under-5...
its arduino nano, its cheap
Hey can anyone please help me i bought a 7 pin oled display i am having a lot of problem with this code, it would be really helpful if anyone uploaded the code here..
srry but need a hex file for robot_faces can you make it for me?
Sorry, I haven't made a hex file.
oh no i need java
also i want a hex file of robot_faces so can you make it for me?
HELP I AM USING A MICRO:BIT
I NEED A .HEX FILE PLSSSS