Introduction: DIY Cyclone Vacuum Cleaner
This is an instructable on a do it yourself handheld cyclone vacuum cleaner. The cool thing about this vacuum cleaner is its bagless design. It is made out of an Ikea Pruta food container and some RC parts like an EDF jet. The dust streams into the container in a spiral around the inner cylinder. The dirt is then whipped outward and collects at the bottom of the container.
I have used the following things:
Step 1: Put the Pieces Together 1
- Make 2 cut outs in the top of the Pruta container. The larger one is in the center. Its diameter fits the sewer pipe which houses the EDF jet. The smaller one is in the corner. It will house the PVC pipe which sucks the dirty air in.
- Cut the plywood to fit on top. It has the same 2 holes.
- Make a hole into the sewer pipe and connect the EDF motor to the ESC.Put the EDF jet into the sewer pipe.Take care that the sewer pipe fits into the Pruta container.
Step 2: Put the Pieces Together 2
- Now fit the PVC pipe on top of the plywood. Use duct tape.
- Connect the end of the PVC pipe to the smaller hole on top of the container. Use PVC leftovers and hot glue to make it airtight.
- Put the Lipo battery on top of the ESC. Fix both with Duct tape to the container.
- Fix the Servo Tester on top of the battery.
Step 3: Finished!
- Connect the battery and the EDF Motor to the Servo tester. By gradually turning the knob on the servo tester you should be able to control the motor speed of the EDF.
- Hold the PVC pipe over dust. The dust streams into the container in a spiral around the inner cylinder. The dirt is then whipped outward and collects at the bottom of the container.
- To make sure that the dirt is not whipped out of the container you can put tights over the sewer pipe inside the container.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.