Step 6: Finishing Touches
Now all that remains is to attach the head to the body, a bit more paint, and secure the tealight in the base.
1. The two left over original yellow LED bulbs from the tealights...I glued them to the head as antennae/ears. They don't light obviously, but I'm confident someone's Dalek Ornament 2.0 will fix that.
2. Glue the head to the body on the inside with epoxy. Firms things up nicely.
3. Glue another cardboard strip around the head/body join. It covers it up beautifully. Paint.
4. There was a hole in the front (where the light fixture switch once poked out). I just covered it up with a square of cardboard....V 2.0 I'm sure can improve on it.
5. The top part can now be painted. I did a black strip around the head, and had intentions of painting on that grill pattern that Daleks have. I let it lie though.
The last step is to glue the tealight into the base, after soldering on the wires from the bulb. On mine the short leg on the bulb was connected through the switch, the longer was connected to the battery.