Introduction: DIY Donut Cellphone Charm
I've seen many donut tutorials around the internet ranging from pillows, notebook designs, coasters, purses and just about anything else. I got so inspired (and hungry...) from seeing all of these that I had to make my own! This easy tutorial will show you how to add some fab to your everyday cellphone as a cute little charm. Hope you enjoy!
Step 1: Things You Need
- Beige, brown, and white polymer clay
- Sculpey Gloss Glaze or glaze of your choice
- Wire cutters
- X-Acto knife
- Paint brush
- Phone strap
- Dust plug with hole (Only if your phone doesn't have the loop hole where the phone strap can be attached)
Step 2: Shaping the Donut
- Roll your beige clay into a smooth ball and flatten the top lightly with your finger to make the base.
Step 3: Chocolate Frosting
- Roll your brown clay into a ball and use your X-Acto knife (or any cylinder object) to smoothly roll and flatten the clay to make the layer thin.
- Place the base of the donut in the middle and cut around it in a wavy pattern.
- Once finished, remove excess brown clay and put the small layer of brown clay you just made on top of the donut.
Step 4: Drizzle
- Take your white clay now and roll it into a thin rope.
- Place it on top of the donut and shape it however you'd like.
- If you have too much, you can always cut some off and place it on empty spaces of the donut.
Step 5: Donut Hole and Baking
- Find the center of the donut and push the straw right through the middle. Carefully take the straw out.
- Remember you don't want your eyepin to be too long or too short. Hover it above the top of the donut to see how much you need to cut off. Once you've figured out the length, cut it with wire cutters and carefully stick it inside the donut.
- REMEMBER TO NOT WIGGLE THE EYEPIN AROUND ONCE INSIDE. This causes the hole inside the donut to be bigger and can cause the eyepin to fall out while using it as a charm.
- Baking time! Follow your baking instructions on your clay package or preheat the oven to 275 and let it bake for 15 minutes like I did.
Step 6: Almost Done!
- To protect your charm, glaze the top or the entire donut and wait for it to dry for 3 hours.
- Clip on the phone charm and if you have a dust plug, run the strap through the hole of the dust plug and make a loop to secure it in place.
Step 7: Texts and Phone Calls Have Never Been Sweeter
You are finished! Thanks for having the time to look at this Instructable and I hope you enjoy your new creation. :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.