Introduction: DIY Edible Bubbles and Decorative Jar
Edible bubbles are a fun, safe and easy science project to do with your kids. This activity is suitable for kids of all ages with adult supervision and can be a fun project at kids parties, in classrooms, or simply for weekend fun in the spring or summertime. These bubbles only require 4 ingredients and will take only 10-12 minutes for hours of fun.
The next part of the activity is a decorative DIY bubble jar to store the bubble mixture in. This requires minimal materials as well and takes about 10-15 minutes. This decorative jar is not only for the bubble mixture, but can be used to store anything you desire.
* Note: Although these bubbles are edible and safe for consumption, it is not recommended to eat bubbles as though they are food. They are meant to taste non-soapy and pleasant if it pops in one’s mouth, rather than the usual soapy taste of regular bubbles, which can also be very unsafe for consumption. The dish soap used must be organic or chemical free, as it is safe to ingest a small amount of this.
Materials/Ingredients for Bubbles:
Kool Aid Liquid (any flavor- as much as needed for 1 ½ cups of water)
1 ½ cups Water
⅛ cup Corn Syrup
¼ cup Organic Dish Soap
Measuring Cups/Measuring Utensils
Construction Paper or any other sturdy paper
Mod Podge Glue
Bubble Mixture Straw/Bubble Wand
Step 1: Gather Materials
1. Gather necessary materials and prepare workspace (make sure you have a clean, large workspace. Be mindful of what is around you that could get damaged by liquids, soap, etc.).
Step 2: Add Kool-Aid
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix as much Kool Aid as needed with 1 ½ cup of water until all Kool Aid liquid is dissolved thoroughly.
Step 3: Add Corn Syrup
3. Add ⅛ cup of corn syrup to Kool Aid mixture. Stir until well combined.
Step 4: Add Organic Soap
4. Add ¼ cup dish soap to mixture. Mix thoroughly.
Step 5: Mix and You're Done!
5. Transfer mixture into any basin of your preference, dip your bubble wand in the
mixture and have hours of fun!
Step 6: Jar: Gather Materials
1. Gather all necessary materials and prepare workspace.
Step 7: Size and Cut Paper to Size of Jar
2. Fit and cut construction paper out to size of mason jar.
Step 8: Blow Bubbles!
3. Blow bubbles onto paper to make desired splatter and bubble effect.
Step 9: Let Dry
Let dry for at least 5 minutes.
Step 10: Label Paper
5. Label paper if desired.
Step 11: Apply Mod Podge
6. Apply Mod Podge to backside of paper. Completely cover paper with smooth, even layer.
Step 12: Glue Paper Onto Jar
7. Stick glued paper onto mason jar. Press firmly to assure it is secure.
Step 13: Apply Mod Podge to Front of Paper
8. Apply second layer of Mod Podge on front side of paper for glossy effect and to seal in design.
Step 14: 9. Let Dry
9. Let dry for at least 20 minutes.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.