When I get a newly released gadget, there's usually a period when accessories are not available, so I make my own. In this instructable, I'll show you how you can make a desktop docking station for your phone. The material is highly reusable, and it should work on tablets and other electronics, too!
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- The phone or electronic gadget,
- Thermoplastic pellets; I'm using Instamorph.
- A charging/data cable,
- A heat gun,
- A frying pan with Teflon coating,
- A flat surface as a sculpting tool. I'm using a piece of clear acrylic for demonstration.
Optionally, you can decorate the finished piece with
- A can of Plasti-Dip spray
- A Sharpie pen