I've been seeing these everywhere and I decided I would try to make my own version of a feather ear cuff. I had a lot of fun making this and I hope you enjoy it! Also this a great gift for any one without pierced ears.
Step 1: The Supplies and Tools
12 Gauge Wire
16 Gauge Wire
22 Gauge Wire
File or Sand paper
Step 2: Shaping the Ear Cuff
2. Next Bend the wire to fit around your ear, use your ear as reference. I slowly adjusted the wire as bent it to fit the contour of my ear.
3.Then bend the excess into a swirl on both ends. Clip any undesired excess off.
Step 3: Attaching the Jump Rings
2. Wrap the wire around the jump ring and ea cuff several times to secure the ring in place.
3. Clip off any excess and sand down any rough edges.
4. Repeat until all five jump rings are attached.
Step 4: Prep the Feathers
2. Then press feathers together and set aside to let dry.
3. Repeat this step until you have five sets of feathers drying.
Step 5: Wire Wrapping the Feathers
2. Place your feathers slightly below the loop you created and wrap the wire around the feathers and the base of the loop.
3. Use your pliers to tuck the end of the wire and set completed piece aside.
4. Repeat this step until all feathers are wrapped.
Step 6: Attaching Beads and Chain
2. Attach eyelit to a jump ring on the ear cuff and slide a bead onto to the pin.
3.Cut off about a half inch, or less from the bottom of the pin with wire cutters. Then using round tip pliers bend the bottom of the pin around the tip of the pliers. Before closing off the loop attach a length of chain.
4. Attach another eyelit to the bottom of the chain, adding another bead.
5. Before closing off the pin add one of the completed feather pieces from the previous step.
6. Repeat this process until all the jump rings have a length of chain, feathers and beads.