Step 1: Materials Needed
1. 10mm thick clear acrylic
2. 4pcs 3v 5mm blue led light
3. 4pcs 47ohms resistor
4. spare usb cable
6. electrical tape
7. vinyl sticker
10. polishing compound
1. dremel with
1.a. cutting disk
1.b. drillbit attachement
3. soldering gun
NOTE: always wear an eyeglass for protection.
the pad works well with an optical mice
Step 2: Making the Acrylic
2. Draw your design on your 10mm acrylic, still with sheet cover (do not remove it), or stick the printed pattern. One side is enough for the drawing.
3. Use your dremel, mine is 350D with flex-shaft attachement, using a drill bit to cut-cut off the design. Please use your safety goggles because it will be hot and scraps are flying wildy. You may end up with burnt skin too.
4. Pile the acrylic to give a smoother surface.
5. Use a torch, if necessary and if you have any, to melt the acrylic and it will give a shinny effect.
6. Check where will be your top area, drill a hole for your USB cable.
7. Make also an X pattern for your LEDs placement.