I came up with the simple solution of using a hose clamp as the fixing device as this would allow the mount to conform to any shape or profile tube/bar while still applying adequate force. To accommodate for larger or smaller diameters of tube all you need to do is get a larger or smaller hose clamp!
It cost me only $3 to make this but i bought the surf expansion pack ages ago for $20. So i suppose it's really $23.
This instructable is really only for Go Pro camera's but im sure you could use the principal of this design for any camera mount.
Here is the easy to follow video i made for this mount!
Step 1: What You'll Need
1. "GoPro FCS Surf Fin Plug Mount" or a standard "GoPro Quick Release Mount"
- Hopefully you have one or a spare, but it could cost you $20 or more from GoPro
2. Hose clamp - Any size you need but i use a 22-35mm with a key tightener and a 35-55mm with a phillips head.
- $1.50 each from hardware store
3. Piece of bicycle inner tube or thin foam
- Hopefully you have some laying around - Its not really essential to have this but it helps
4. GoPro camera obviously - you probably need some elbow joiner thingo's as well.
Stuff you'll need to build it
1. Drill + small drill bit ~3mm
4. Glue - i used a hot glue gun but anything will do
5. File + Sandpaper