Introduction: DIY Guitar: Metal Omar Cigarette Box Guitar
So a couple of years ago, we set out to learn how to make our own cigar box guitar and share that process via a tutorial series shown here: https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Cigar-Box-Guitar/. We decided the next thing to create would be a metal body cigar box guitar and so in this series, we will be using the following:
- Omar Cigarette brand metal tin box from the late 1920s (we've changed nothing about the coloring on the box)
- Black palm wood stock for the head and body
- Hand-made and hand-wound guitar amplifier from Bob Harrison's guitar amplifiers
- Hand-made tailpiece from aluminum stock
- Hand-made bridge from scrap pieces of layered wood
- Nickel frets (new process for us!) installed by hand
- Guitar tuners
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.