When i was small, i usually think how these Wireless headphones work. What magic makes them work! But now i had figured out a simple way to make one with your own old (Plug-on headphones) a wireless one. Though it will work by plugging in too .It is ideal for watching movie or listening to music without sitting close to computer or T.V. It's range is not good because if it's range will be more than 5 meters you will have to buy a license But you can use it anywhere at your home cause it's signal can only reach up-to 5 meters of diameter. So, no need of buying license. I hope you will enjoy it and for staying tuned to me be a subscriber and
Please vote for me.I will appreciate it and thankful too.
Step 1: Thechnical Details
Once you've decided to make your own wireless headphone you need some knowledge about what we are going to do. First of all you need a headphone (An old one or which you are using). The headphone should have enough inner space (I mean to say that when you open the headphone the stuff "The radio receiver module" which we are going to install in in fit in easily). You have to buy a small radio receiver module be sure to use the smallest with auto or manual tuning. Now what we are going to do is install the radio module inside the headphone and then tune it to your Emitter's frequency and grab some of the controls of the radio module out of the headphones so that you can tune it without opening the whole headphone again. Now we move on to the Emitter, you have to make your own Emitter. It's a simple Electronics project. The circuit consists of one 2N2222 or BC547 transistor (You can use one or the other depending on the availability, But i prefer using a 2N2222 transistor) used as a base amplifier which amplifies the audio signals form your computer or T.V. and converts it into FM signal. The emitter's frequency is between 87.5 to 108.0 Mhz (Common radio frequency) and can be tuned to any frequency by changing the value of the 20-40 picofarad variable capacitor. Now FYI it's rage in not good up-to 3-4 rooms or 5meters so i my view you won't need a license for the frequency usage. You can emit any kind to audio signal from T.V, Computer, MP3 player , Mobile Phone , etc.
Step 2: Expense
This is a cheap and best project i had ever made. As far as i think, To buy all these stuff together (Excluding the headphones and the tools used) you may have to spend 10 - 30 dollars in india it's will go to 1000 rupees. The radio receiver module generally comes in 10 dollars maximum and around 500 rupees. All the electronics stuff is worth 8-10$ and 250-300 rupees. The male & female jack and the wire's and the antenna will make a bill of 10 dollars. And if you are going to buy a new headphone please buy the one with good internal space then it will charge you around 10-20 $.
Step 3: Tools You Need
- Pliers ( For pealing the insulation from the wires)
- Screw drivers : Four head and two head (For opening the headphone & for casing the transmitter or emitter)
- A pair of scissors (For cutting the wire and other uses)
- Pencils & Eraser (For marking the board and other purposes)
- A cutting blade (For cutting the board)
- Multimeter(For measurements of resistance and continuity )
- Hot Glue GUN(For sealing purposes)
- Soldering iron (For making the emitter).
- A wet cotton pad (For cleaning the tip of the soldering iron).
- Some soldering flux (For making the soldering smooth).
- Soldering wire of different gauges.
- De-soldering Pump (For sucking solder).
- Brush or a tooth brush (for Cleaning the board).
Now that all particular you need . Once you collected all these stuff now you be ready to buy some Electronics stuff.
Step 4: What to & Where to Buy
- Electronics Part
- Wires and jacks.
Electronics PartsNow you have to collects all these items before moving on to the next step. All the electronics parts are kept together and there photo (Labeled as Components) is given above . The parts can be SMT (or SMD) or even you can have lead ones no problem . If you have any doubt or confusion please contact be i will be happy to answer you. You need following parts :
- 3 * 10K Resistors (Lead one code : Brown , Black , Orange & SMD Code: 103)
- 1 * 5.6K Resistor (Lead one code : Green , Blue , Red & SMD Code : 562)
- 1 * 50 - 120 ohm Resistor (Lead one code: Green , black , black To Brown, Red , Brown & SMD Code : 500 - 121)
- 3 * 0.1uf Ceramic capacitor (Code:104 , If you are willing to use a SMD capacitor you need to test it by a capacitance meter because Generally there is no code written on a SMD capacitor except some like i have.)
- 1 * 4.7 picofarad Ceramic capacitor ."This is and unusual capacitor if you can't find one use a 15p & 7p capacitor in series or you can make you own pair having the net resistance of 4.7p. FYI If you are putting the capacitors in series follow this ""http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/capacitor/cap_7.html"" page to know how to calculate the net capacitance. " (Code : 4p7 or 4.7)
- 1 * 20-40p variable capacitor "The picture is not shown because i don't have one so i used a 33p capacitor. " (the code is : 20 ,21------50. )
- 1 * 0.0047uf Ceramic capacitor (Code:472)
- 1 * BC 547 OR 2N2222 Transistor.
Wires & JacksYou can buy these items from radishack or I am giving the web links from where you can buy them all.
- 1 * Small tunable or automatic tunable radio module with 3v power supply. YOU CAN USE THIS ONE "http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-portable-uscan-radios-small-hand-held-/310720153283".
- 1 * Male 3.5 mm jack .you can buy it from here "http://www.amazon.co.uk/electronics/dp/B000Q6JR1Q"
- 1* 3v rechargeable battery. (Use as small as you can with good stand by power.) You can buy it from here "http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tiny-3V-Rechargeable-Coin-Cell-Button-Battery-MS621F-MS621FE-Very-Small-Seiko-/280743174845"
- 18 - 22 gauge enamelled copper wire of length 20cm.
- 1cm dia. spool to wind inductor upon.
- 1 * 2.5 * 2.5 Prototyping board or called Multi-Purpose PCB.
- A long thin copper wire and a 3 core wire.
- 1 * 12v Male & Female power jack.You can buy them from here : Female"http://www.ebay.com/bhp/12v-female-connector" / Make"http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pair-12V-Male-Female-DC-2-1-x-5-5mm-Power-Plug-Jack-Adapter-Connector-for-CCTV-/400545050623"
- 2 * FM Antenna or a hard long wire.
- One USB male connecter.You can buy it from here "http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/564447272/USB_2_0_4pin_A_SMT.html?s=p"
- 2 * Small Switches.
Step 5: Making the Emitter
Step 6: Installing the Radio Moudle in Headphone
Step 7: Working Video
Step 8: Authors Tip
- Every time before using the headphones keep the the Headphones close to the emitter and then tune it (This is for those who are using the auto scan radio module).
- Keep the volume of the emitter low to ensure good quality of sound.
- It's better to use a rechargeable battery for the headphone or receiver.
- Use good quality headphones.
- You can also use a common household radio to listen to it by tuning the radio to it's frequency.
- You can use your headphones as a radio to listen to other station.
- Please vote for me.
- If you have any further questions be free to ask me.
- If there is some mistake in this instructable please inform me!
Thanks to this website to make a place to share these projects and win and last but not the least all the viewers.