For Valentines day or Mother's day, this heart shaped box is a perfect homemade gift. It's easy and cheap to construct and looks beautiful when finished!
- Inkscape / svg reader
- Inkscape Files
- Utility Knife / Razor Blade
- Ruler (13'' minimum)
- LASER Cutter (Optional)
Step 1: Prepare Pieces
This step is best done using a LASER cutter.
(If not, you can try and hand-design this by printing the hearts on paper and using that as a template to cut the cardboard!)
What needs to be prepared
- Top of the Heart Box, this is slightly bigger than the bottom
- Strips for the Lid (3/4” x 13”)
- Bottom of the Box
- Strips for the Bottom (1” x 12 3/8”)
LASER Cutter Settings
- For cutting: *DSJ:QIOWJDOQWIJ*
- For marking grooves (this makes folding tabs easier): *JEIOC:EWJOEIJ*
- For etching the text: You want to Raster Engrave the text.
Part 1: Roll the artisan paper over one sheet of cardboard. (Optional)
Part 2: Personalize the Top of the Box. (Optional)
Part 3: Laser cut the top heart on the fancy cardboard.
Careful to cut the outside, mark grooves on the inside lines, and *raster* the text on the top.
Part 4: Laser cut the bottom of the heart on regular cardboard.
Part 5: Laser cut the strips!
Part 6: Cover one face of a Top Strip in the artisan paper. (3/4'' x 13'') (Optional)
This one strip will be the outside facing side of your heart. Make it fancy!