Step 1: Parts and materials list
- A submersible pump with at least 5' head ( we used an EcoPlus Submersible Pump - 132 gph)
- 10' flexible vinyl tubing, 5/8'' outer diameter, 1/2" inner diameter.
- Three 1/2" plastic "tee" connectors.
- Two 10' traditional style PVC gutter. We designed the frame to be used with Canadian guttering, which have different dimensions than the USA equivalent.
- Nine 8' pieces of 2x4 lumber
- 3" wood nails
- Carpenters glue
- Corrugated plastics (Optional: if you prefer to have the gutter covered)
- Water reservoir (Optional: any suitable container will do)
The total cost of this design ranges from $90 to $130, depending on the amount of resources the users have that can be used in building this system.