Step 10: Installing Water Circulation System
Piece needed for this step:
- 20ft 1/2" ID vinyl tubing
- (x 4) tee connectors for 1/2" ID tubing
- paper clips (optional)
- water container
- 132 GPH water pump
1. Place the water container under the drainage gutter. Ensure that the side of water container that is parallel to the drainage gutter has enough length so that the water will not wet the floor.
2. Fill the water container with water, and place the water pump into the container.
3. Set up the water circulation system by attaching the tube to the water pump, and all the way to the top left frame of the design.
4. Measure the diagonal length between the rows, then cut the tube and connect them using the tee connector.
5. [Caution: make sure hands are dry] Turn on the power supply while holding the tubes to ensure water outlets are facing the rows of gutter. This is to test if the water pressure is sufficient. If water cannot be pumped up, get a stronger pump, or watch out for kinks that impede water flow.
6. Using binder clips, restrict water flows to certain outlets that monopolise water circulation. Through several experiments, you will be able to figure out the best configuration. Refer to the image attached to see what we came out with.
7. Using string, tie the tubes to the side post of the frame. Turn on the water pump again to check if everything is working.