Introduction: DIY LED Projector
Everybody likes to watch their favorite movies or sports on a big screen so they plan to buy a video projector. I am also crazy about projectors, but they are too costly. HD projectors available in the market have a starting price of approx. 30,000/- INR. This is way out of my budget so I planned to make myself an HD projector that projects about a 100" screen.
After lot of research on Google I decided to make the pj with a 100w high power led and a 7" 1280*800 LCD panel. The LED consumes very little power and has a very long life.
Update: Look my 2nd version of this projector: https://www.instructables.com/id/Home-Made-HD-LED-Projector-V-20/
Step 1: Here Is the Video " How I Made This Projector "
Step 2: Things That I Used in My Pj.
- Play wood (mdf) sheet to make box
Fresnel lens. I used 120mm fl and 185 mm fl
Triplet lens. I used 200mm fl
100w high power led with driver
LCD panel and its controller. I used 1280*800 7”
HD lcd and controller.
12v adapter for exhaust fan and lcd
Cpu exhaust fan to make projector cool
CPU heat sink for led .
Step 3: The Basic Concept of Making Pj
Step 4: Lens Arrangement in Projector -
Step 5: Final Projector Ready for Action
Front and Back View of Projector
Step 6: Component Detail and Total Cost
After lot of comments i update here component detail and total cost to make this projector
1. 100w led and driver : One can easily find 100w led and driver on ebay.com. I bought mine on ebay.in @ 1500/- INR.
High power 100W white
Chip size: 24*40mil
Color temperature: 6000-6500k
Luminous intenity: 8000-9000lm
Forward current: 3000mA
Driver voltage: 30-36V
Light angle: 160deg
Integrated scheme: 10 in series, 10 in parallel
2. Fresnel Lenses : It is very hard to find perfect combination of fresnel lenses in India. Luckily i find perfect set of lenses on ebay.in. The total cost of 2 fresnel lens occur around 1500 /- INR.
Focal Length: F120mm Back Fresnel,
Focal Length: F185mm Front Fresnel,
Material: PMMI Material
Groove Pitch: 0.3
Size: 180mm X 130mm with mounting holes.
3. Triplet Lens (projection lens) : The total cost of triplet lens is 3600/- INR. It is also bought from ebay.in
200mm Projection Lens
Fixed Focal Length: F200mm
Outer diameter: 90mm
Lens Diameter (Aperture): 75 mm
Focus range: 45mm
Material: Strong Aluminium and Strong Plastic
Coating Material: Coating 420-680nm multi layer broadband anti-reflection coatings
Control Standards: Diameter: +0 /-1%. Focal Length: +/- 1.5%
4. LCD panel : I use N070ICG-LD1 HD LCD Panel and Controller Kit in this projector. It is the best available LCD in 7" size and controller support all input like HDMI, Pandrive, AV,TV in and VGA. It is also come with remote so easily can control pj remotely. The total cost of this LCD with controller around 6000/- INR.
N070ICG LD-1 is a 7 inch HD LCD with native resolution 1280 X 800 It delivers a sharper image with good colours. This is very unique LCD.
Resolution: 1280 X 800
Colours: 16 6 Bit dithering)
Glass Thickness: 0.25mm
Contrast Ratio: 800
Operating Temperature: - 20 to + 60 degrees
Controller Features :
HD Controller, will work with N070ICG LCD. This controller comes with remote and you can operate almost all with remote itself. The USB port can Play Most of the Videos Format flawlessly.
5. Condenser Lens: I also use condenser lens to increase brightness of screen. This Rectangular Aspheric Condenser when used, the brightness throughout the corners are brighter. This lens come around 650/- INR
DIY Projector Rectangular Aspheric Condenser Lens
Overall size : 62X52
Focal Length: 70mm
Suitable LCDs: 7" and below
Suitable Fresnel Lens: F120 Back Fresnel.
Mounting: Condenser back surface Area should be 1mm Away from LED surface area for better results.
Total Cost Of Projector :
100w led and driver 1500/-
Fresnel lens 3000/-
Triplet lens 3600/-
LCD and Controller Kit 6000/-
Condenser Lens 650/-
12v adapter, 2pcs. cpu fan, box material etc cost 500 /-
Now final cost of Projector is 14800 /- INR