Introduction: DIY: Leather Choker
I saw this beautiful picture of Taylor Hill, wearing a Lili Claspe choker. Lili Claspe is a jewelry brand designed by the talented Stephanie Tchamanian. It-girls like Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner love Lili Claspe. I was so inspired by the choker that I wanted to remake it myself. So I decided on this awesome new DIY : Leather Choker.
The stunning Taylor Hill with the Lili Claspe choker, really inspired me.
Step 1: What Do You Need for This DIY:
– Leather fabric
– Measuring tape
– Satin ribbon
– Black thread
– Leather hole maker
– Pen (marker)
Step 2: Mark a Rectangle
– Measure your neck circumference
– Draw a rectangle on your fabric (length= neck circ., width= 2,5 cm)
– Cut it out
Step 3: Mark the Holes
– Now you have a rectangle in front of you
– Mark on the long sides the holes you wish to make for the ribbon (I marked the dots 0,5 cm from the edge of the long sides and left a space of 1,5cm in between the dots)
Step 4: Make the Holes
– Take the leather hole maker
– Make holes where you put the dots. Make sure to push hard enough.
Step 5: Wrap the Ribbon Around the Rectangle
– Time for the ribbon
– Make a knot at the end of the ribbon
– Push the ribbon through your first hole starting from the back of the fabric. Pull it until the knot blocks the hole.
– Go over the long side of the rectangle en push again from the back the ribbon through the second hole (look at the picture below)
Step 6: Make Knots
– If you finished your first long side, make a knot at the other end of the ribbon.
– Repeat the previous steps for the other side length.
Step 7: Add the Clasp
– The only thing left to do is to fasten the clasp
– Place the clasp so that, when it is closed, the center is at the ends of the rectangle
– Secure it with thread and needle
Step 8: Ready!!
Oh, and if you try this at home, be sure to send me a pic!
Find the original link on www.faraloo.com
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.