I'm addicted to leather craft, especially to create cute things. Today, I'd show you how to make a logo/name tag using small pieces of leather.
It's funny to create your own Logo Name Tag. You can use it to decorate your bag/backpack as well
Step 1: Supplies
What you need
1. Leather (small extra pieces left after a bag was made)
2.Pattern (easy to find on the internet or to create your own)
3. Poly hammer
4. Composite plastic punch board
5. A ruler 6. 2-sided adhesive tape
7. Double and single round punches (0.8mm)
8. Compass used for leather craft
10. Seat awl
11. Wax thread (0.45 - 0.8mm)
12. Scissors (1 for cutting the pattern and thread, 1 for cutting leather)
13. Heat pen
Step 2: Patterns
Patterns are always the most necessary supplies in leather craft, whether you make small or big product. If you ask me "where can I find the patterns?", my answer is " you can draw it yourself, or ask Google for it"
My tips here is to use a plastic sheet to make the patterns because it is hard, has a long-life, and you can find it easy to copy an available pattern because it is somewhat transparent.
Step 3: How to Make
The video tutorial is quite clear. I'd like to mention the 2 tips of hand sewing leather. They're:
1. Thread saving tips: If you sew through 2 plies of leather (about 2-3 mm thick), then the wax thread you need will be 3 times the length you need to sew. This will help you save the unnecessary extra thread.
2. Sewing tips: for hand-sewing leather, you need to follow the ONE AND ONLY sewing RULE for the stitches to be even. For example: the rule is "Right-Up-Left" means your RIGHT-HAND needle go through the hole first,then pull the thread UP, then LEFT-HAND needle through the same hole and tighten.
However, it would be faster and easier for you to sew if you have a leather sewing clip. If not, that's OK, you just need a little more time to finish :)
Thanks for your attention! I hope my instruction can help you make your own cute name tag. :) Just feel free to comment or inbox me if you have inquiries. Happy creating!