Hopefully this helps other people, especially females that aren't perceived usually as good at DIY!
Any questions feel free to ask
Step 1: Take Off Trucks
Step 2: Get Rid of Old Grip Tape
Peel up around the edges of the grip tape using a Stanley knife so it is peeled away from the board by about 1cm all the way around the edge of the deck. Then at the back of the deck start using the Stanley knife to get under the grip take even further and peel it up enough to get hold of it with two fingers. Then pointing a hairdryer down at the board, (mind your fingers) melt the glue by holding the hair dryer on the tape for about 5 seconds. As you do this pull on/peel up the grip tape using the other hand (see picture). It takes some co-ordination but was really quick and a lot easier than a lot of tutorials told me.
Step 3: Sand Down Old Graphics
This takes a while and probably took me about 7 hours but that's fine I didn't want to buy a sander!
Start with a courser sandpaper and work towards a finer one.
I would have spent about 3 dollars on one sheet of course and one sheet of finer sandpaper if I hadn't found some in the shed.
Step 4: New Graphics
I suggest adding new ones before the grip tape as it will be easier to move your board if it doesn't have the tape yet.
For the board I used a cheap version of Posca pens (Uni ball paint pen), drew round some mugs and plates to get the shapes and went for it! Afterwards I used some wood waterproof varnish to seal it. I also varnished the top of the deck to make it look better.
Step 5: New Grip Tape
To apply the grip tape I simply peeled off one small end of the sticky back plastic cover and stuck it on the front of my board. Then, carefully I peeled the rest back and at the same time pressed it firmly onto the board (Kind of the reverse of getting rid of old tape, requires both hands doing different things).
Then comes the worst bit - trimming the tape to fit. I read that you could score the tape and then easily cut it with a Stanley knife but the scoring didn't work too well. I took about two hours care filling just cutting it to size using a Stanley knife.
Sorry for the lack of photos but I found this very tricky and stressful and forgot!