It's made of all natural, finely ground minerals from the earth, without many of the chemicals, dyes, and preservatives found in traditional makeup.
I have VERY sensitive skin, and have had trouble in the past with commercial makeup (even store-bought mineral makeup!) being too heavily fragrances, or containing irritants like bismuth oxychloride.
This formula eliminates classic irritants so that it's kinder to the skin.
Since it contains titanium dioxide which has anti-inflammatory properties, it also has a calming effect on the skin, particularly important if you suffer from inflammatory problems such as rosacea or acne.
AND I've added micronized zinc oxide to give it an SPF rating, helping to further protect skin from damage and wrinkles.
By making your own at home, you can control not only the purity of the ingredients you use, you can also create a custom color, matched exactly to your own skin tone!
Step 1: Materials
- Micronized Titanium Dioxide
- Zinc Oxide
- Sericite Mica - Matte Finish
- Magnesium Stearate
- Yellow, Red & Brown Iron Oxide Pigments
- Jojoba Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Essential Oil (opt.) I like carrot seed oil for its skin-rejuvenative properties, or tea-tree oil as an excellent treatment for acne
- Mortar & Pestle or small grinder
- 30g (1oz) Sifter Jars
- measuring spoons
- Kabuki brush (large full brush for foundation)
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.