Introduction: DIY Mini Canvas Magnet Gifts
I made these as parting gifts for my literature students. I asked them at the beginning of the semester what their favorite quotes were, and gave them these mini magnets on the last day of class. Hope you enjoy!
Step 1: Gather Supplies
All you need are:
a strip of magnet
a Micron pen
a gold extra-fine point Sharpie
Step 2: Design Canvases
- Design the canvases with your quotes.
- Small caps or all caps look better than lower case.
- Use gold to highlight particularly meaningful words in the quotes.
Some example quotes:
- "It was her habit to build up laughter out of inadequate materials."
- "If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself."
- "If you can love your enemy, you already have victory."
- "For magic consists in this, the true naming of a thing."
- "Yet a greater unlearned skill he possessed, which was the art of kindness."
- "Live every moment, love every day, because before you know it, precious time slips away."
- "Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it does not exist and never shall. There is only now."
- "The child is the father of the man."
- "All I kept thinking about, over and over, was 'you can't live forever.' 'You can't live forever.'"
- "You have brains in your head, and you know what you know, and you are the one who'll decide where to go!"
- "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
- "You cannot say no to the people you love. When you do, it has to sound like a yes."
- "It always seems impossible until it's done."
- "Oh the places you'll go, today is your day, your mountain is waiting so get on your way!"
- "Until I feared I would lose it it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."
- "She needs to sort out her priorities."
Step 3: Add Magnet Backing
- Cut magnetic strips the length of the canvas.
- Remove adhesive lining and stick to the back.
- Now you can place your magnets on the fridge!