Introduction: DIY: Painted Rug
— Series by Beryl Shereshewsky and Allegra Scarano, Video by Beryl Shereshewsky, Allegra Scarano and Vivek Kemp
We found a rug we wanted and nearly fainted at the price so instead we took a white rug from plain-Jane to fabulous with a few strips of tape and some seasonal colors. The whole project, rug included, costs us under $100.
1. We used painter's tape in three different sizes: 3/4 inch, 1 inch and 2 inches.
2. We used foam rollers: they are better for painting fabrics.
3. We used interior paint because the rug was not in a high-traffic area. Depending on your needs, exterior paint may be a better choice.
4. Make sure to let the paint dry before removing the tape. We gave it a full 12 hours, but depending on your local weather and paint choices, you may need to wait longer.
5. We applied an upholstery protector to help keep our hard work safe!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.