I stained the photobooth a dark brown to give it a cool vintage feel.
I also purchased a slave flash that could be triggered by a camera's flash. It was only $20-30 brand new, I bought it off of ebay for $10.
Here were some problems I ran into:
- The solenoids were often too weak to push the button. Either that or the braces I made for them to stand over the printer and camera were too weak. Anyhow, that part of my booth failed and I had to open it up everyday to manually turn on the printer and camera. Here's
where I got the idea from.
- My printer ran out of ink/paper every 100 photostrips. The problem was, I had to go to class and couldn't constantly check. Checking would also cause me to open up the booth from the back which was a hassel. I wanted to install some type of counter or sensor but this too was sacraficed for time.
I don't want to explain every single step I did, and plus I don't have enough pictures, but please let me know if you have more questions. I'd love to check out some other booths.
P.S. The Photoboof Forum
is also a great place to get ideas from other DIY Photoboothers.