What is up everybody!!
Today I am going to show you how to make a portable bong bowl or water pipe, whatever you want to call it, which you can use everywhere with a help of a plastic bottle.
Step 1: Idea and Design
- Water pipes have become very popular in 20th century due to their ability of capturing up to 90% of toxic substances that lead to lung cancer. Furthermore, it is very easy to use such waterpipes/bongs, you don't need to waste your time rolling up a cigarette..
- So to start with, I firstly construct everything in a solidworks to make sure how it is gonna look like and to have a plans which I can access while machining parts.
- If you are interested how I create this in solidworks you can click on a video below:
Step 2: What You Need + Machining
- I made this waterpipe from aluminum, so I firstly cut aluminium pipe and solid piece of aluminium down to a needed length.
- Aluminum is very soft metal so a handsaw shouldn’t take you more than a minute to cut it.
- With those two pieces you are ready to start machining .
- I won't go into the details and steps of how I do it on a lathe so I rather attach a few more pictures...
- After machining I used a few different sandpapers to smooth both parts and a polish crème for a nicer finish.
Step 3: After Polishing...
- And here we go, Both pieces came out better that I expected and at this point I couldn’t wait to test it out.
Step 4: Testing the Waterpipe
- You are gonna need an empty plastic bottle and a medium sized nail in order to make a hole just big enough for aluminium pipe to come through snugly
- Lighter should be strong enough to heat the nail above melting temperature of the plastic and with a gentle push you can melt down plastic and make a hole as big as you need to.
- You can store the nail into the bowl itself and use it whenever you need to.
- To test our water pipe fill the bottle up with water and fill the bowl with the desired smoking substance.
- I didn't actually try to smoke from it, because I don't smoke, but a friend of mine was very impressed by the whole thing that actually work as it should.
- If you like this instructable please, click on the video below of how I made it and enjoy great music.
Thank you !!!