Introduction: DIY Raven Teen Titans Belt & Accesories Tutorial
Hello everyone! I have had MANY questions about how I helped make my cosplay partner's Raven accessories. Therefore I have decided to do a quick video tutorial explaining the process of making Raven's belt, brooch and hand gems. Here are the supplies you will need...
- Clear Cast Resin (Floral Resin or Amazing brands work well)
- White Casting Resin (Amazing brand is my favorite)
- Flowering Cups (they can be found in the baking or candy section at JoAnn's fabric)
- Gold Paint (Spray or Acrylic)
- Red Nail Polish (I prefer the kind that sparkles)
- Semi Circle Candy Mold (from Amazon)
- A metal ring belt (you can find these on Amazon)
- Adhesive (Super Glue, Hot Glue OR Contact Cement)
- OPTIONAL: Liquid Fabric Dye
This process will take 3 days if you are using the Clear Cast Resin for the gems OR 1 day if you choose to go with the white resin instead. Let's get started!
Step 1: Creating the Accessories and Belt
Here is a break down of the steps required for making the belt...
- Obtain a mold for your gems (flexible candy mold OR custom rubber mold preferred).
- Mix one part hardener to one part resin for your gems.
- Pour mix into mold.
- NOTE: If you are using the Clear Cast Resin you MUST wait 24-32 hours before removing your gems.
- While you wait for your gems to set grab one of your flowering cups OR your custom gem setting mold.
- Mix one part white casting resin to one part hardener and pour your resin into the gem setting mold.
- Allow the resin to harden completely (it will turn white) and cool a bit before removing from the mold.
- Do this twice more for the hand gems.
- Now grab your belt and, if it is not gold, paint it gold.
- Please allow the paint to set completely before attaching the resin to it.
- Take your dry belt and place it next to your gem setting mold.
- Mix your resin and pour it into the mold.
- Now take one rung/ring of the belt and place it inside the resin (make sure it is completely submerged).
- Once the resin has turned white and cooled a bit you can remove the gem setting from its mold and you have your first belt gem setting!
- Repeat that step three more times (or as many as preferred) until your rings are attached to the gem settings.
- Now paint your belt gold once more and seal it with your preferred sealant (lacquer, mod podge, wood glue, etc.)
- If your gems are set, remove them from their molds.
- Paint them with nail polish (or your preferred paint) to get them the right hue/color and have them shine.
- Once dry, attach them to the settings with one of the following adhesives: High Temp Hot Glue, Super Glue OR Contact Cement.
- Allow the adhesive to dry for 4-6 hours.
- Test the fit and your belt/brooch/hand gems are complete!
NOTE: The brooch and hand gems can be attached to any costume using one of the following:
- Glued on magnets
- Glued on pins
- Glued on Industrial Strength Velcro
Step 2: Completed Product
Here is the result of your completed product! If you have any questions please feel free to ask them below. Happy crafting!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.