Introduction: DIY Reuseable Rapid Wine Chiller
Chill a bottle of wine in under two minutes with things you have around your house.
Step 1: Make the Form
The form could be made from anything large enough and sturdy enough to stand up to reuse. I used a 2 liter Dew bottle.
1. Cut the bottle in half to give yourself working room (this first cut can be rough)
2. Trim the edges of the soda bottle bottom so that you have a 4 inch tall container.
3. Buff the edges with a nail file.
4. Fill the container with water.
5. Select a glass or a beaker that is the same size as your wine bottle (if your freezer is big enough you can use a wine bottle).
6. Fill the glass, or beaker, with something for weight (you could use water, or dried beans; dried beans are better because once the mold is frozen you can dump the beans out, and fill the beaker with hot water so it will release easier).
Step 2: Remove the Form
2. Lightly coat the interior of the mold with salt*.
3. Insert your to-be-chilled wine bottle.
4. Add just enough water* to fill the space between the ice and the bottle.
5. Spin bottle for two to three minutes.
- The addition of salt and water enhances the cooling ability of the ice. Seriously, within three minutes you'll have nicely chilled wine.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.