Introduction: DIY Reversible Straw Statement Necklace !
Reversible and lightweight , this necklace is made from straws.
Step 1: Materials !
- Straws (1 or 2 )
- seed beads (colors of your choice)
- Acrylic Paints
- clear plastic thread
- Paint brushes
- needle and sewing thread!
Step 2: Creating the Pendant
- Cut six 2 inch straw pieces and stick together on a magazine page, using it as a base.
- Then, cut diagonally to the center,thus forming a triangle shape .
Step 3: Decorating Your Pendant .
- Start by painting the pendant pink.
- Then ,some metallic blue and black at the tips .
- Finally, add a bit of purple on the top to give it some depth.
Step 4: Assemble the Necklace!
Use the seed beads and make a necklace.
Important: Make sure the necklace fits nicely on your neck and isn't on the verge of suffocating you .
Step 5: Attaching the Pendant to the Necklace .
- String a needle through the pendant . Use tweezers to help you.
- Loop the thread over the necklace and through the pendant, securing it .
- Tie a knot in the end to make sure it won't come off.
- Use Blue permanent marker to camouflage the thread and any touchups required.
Step 6: Making It Reversible.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.