Victoria's Secret Ruched Hiphugger Panties are one of my favorite underwear styles. They give a simple hip-hugger or boy-short pattern a cute twist. I will teach you an easy way to make your own ruched panties. The pair I made for this tutorial is for ruched-front hip-hugger panties, but this also works to make a ruched-back panty, thongs, bikini's, etc...
Step 1: Materials
- Lycra/Cotton Fabric Blend - about 30" x 20" worth
- Elastic - thin piece of elastic (mine was 1/8" width) and 1.5" in length. The length also depends on how much rouching you want.
- Sewing Machine (I used a serger as well, but this can all be done on a sewing machine)
- Stretch Needle (for sewing machine) - this is necessary for properly sewing lycra/spandex fabrics
- Needle - for sewing by hand