Step 1: Materials
- Lycra/Cotton Fabric Blend - about 30" x 20" worth
- Elastic - thin piece of elastic (mine was 1/8" width) and 1.5" in length. The length also depends on how much rouching you want.
- Sewing Machine (I used a serger as well, but this can all be done on a sewing machine)
- Stretch Needle (for sewing machine) - this is necessary for properly sewing lycra/spandex fabrics
- Needle - for sewing by hand
Step 2: Cut Pattern
Fold the fabric over and place the edge of the pattern marked "place on edge" on the folded edge. Pin the pattern to the fabric and cut out leaving about 1/2 inch from the edge of the pattern. Repeat this for your second pattern piece.
**Since I have the original pattern piece I didn't need to place it on the edge of the fabric.
Step 3: Finish Edges
Since I have a Serger, instead of folding the exposed edges over twice, I serged the edges then folded them over once and sewed them down using a zig-zag stitch.
If you don't have a serger, fold the exposed edges over once and sew them down using a zig-zag stitch. Fold the edges down again and sew them down using a zig-zag stitch.