Step 3: Gather Materials
- MDF Sheet. | 1/4" thick. 2'x4'. $7 or so.
- Glass sheet. | 11.5"x20.5". $5 At local hardware store
- Sheet Metal. | Recovered from old microwaves.
- 1" PVC Pipe. | A small section. I had this already.
- 1/2" PVC Pipe | A small section. I had this already.
- 1" PVC-1/2" Elbow. | The 1" side was a slip coupling, and the 1/2" side was threaded. $0.80 or so.
- 1/2" PVC Male-thread Coupler. $0.80 or so.
- 1" PVC End Cap. $0.50 or so.
- PVC Primer and Cement. | I had these already.
- Wood Glue. | $3-4.
- Caulk. | This was left over from another project. Outdoor Acrylic-Silicone I believe.
- Matte Black Paint | $6 at craft store.
- Mesh. | A splatter protector from the Dollar Store. $1
- Small wood screws. | $2 at local hardware store.
- Fabric. | From an old t-shirt.
- Dremel Rotary Tool.
- Oscillating Cutting Tool.
- Various hand tools: knives, scissors, screwdrivers, etc.