Introduction: DIY Standard Coffee Table
WARNING: Use with caution! Electric tools used in the construction of the coffee table.
1 Sheet of Plywood: (48” X 24”)
1 Pallet: (42”X 42”)
#305 Stainless Steel 3 inch x 10 Screws
Power Drill with variable sized Drill bits
Step 1: Preparations
Disassembling the Pallet to achieve Pallet wood strips.
You will need: Hammer, Electric Saw & Crow bar
Step 2: Building the Frame
Dimensions: Pallet length is measured to 42 inches.
a. Measure & cut frame wood pieces
You will need: 3 pieces of pallet wood, electric saw, screws & measuring tape.
- Cut one of the three strips of wood in half. (18 inches)
b. Attach the frame pieces
- Using your tools listed above attach the four pieces of wood at their ends; forming a rectangle shape for your frame.
Step 3: Creating the Legs
You will need: Two, 42" x 2" x 4" wood pallet strips (preferable choose thickest strips). Cut each strip of pallet in half, resulting in four legs for the table.
Dimension of legs: Four legs, 18" x 4"
Step 4: Pre-drill & Attach
a. Pre-drill 3 holes at the end of pallet strip.
- IMPORTANT: Pallet wood is hard, so once the actual pre-drilling with the screws are executed, applying the now pre-drilled pallets into the frame eliminates breakage.
You will need: Power Drill
b. Attach the legs to the frame
You will need: Power drill & 3-4 Screws
c. Stabilize the legs
- Total of 1-2 screws
Step 5: Attaching Top Shelf to Frame
You will need: Power drill and 4 screws, and plywood (48" x 24").
- Inspect alignment of frame to top shelf at to your desire, then view finished product.
- Place the plywood on top of the frame and drill 1 screw from the top of the plywood into the frame.
Step 6: Final Product
Optional: Staining for color-balanced finish
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.