Introduction: DIY Coffee Ornament!
Hi everyone! I hope this brings some holiday cheer to your tree! I love coffee and I love DIY's, so I put the two together. Read on for instructions or watch my video for a visual.
My husband was nice enough to create us a free Starbucks coffee sleeve template! I love him! Follow this link for a free download to complete this coffee cup look! Great for personalizing an ornament gift or for your own tree!
Here is the link to the free download of the Starbucks style mini coffee sleeves.
p.s. Please let me know if at anytime it does not work!
Step 1: Supplies
- Small red cup (I found mine at the Dollar Tree)
- Card stock (thick paper for support)
- Cotton balls
- Small 1.5 inch Styrofoam ball, cut in half
- Green straw
- Embellishments like, candy canes, gingerbread, etc. (I found mine at Michael's with the Christmas miniatures)
- Puffy paint (white, brown, and caramel)
- Glue gun
For the Ornament
- Fishing wire
Step 2: How to Get Started
- Cut out circles that fit into the cup
- Stick one into the cup
- Place the second one on top
Step 3: Give It a Coffee Shape
- Cut the Styrofoam ball in half
- Spread out the cotton ball just a little
- stack the cotton ball on top of the card stock we placed earlier
- and stack the Styrofoam on top of the cotton ball
- After you get the right shape take the Styrofoam ball and stick a small piece of straw into it
- Then stick your embellishment (I used a candy cane and gingerbread)
Here we are just checking to see if the shape is right before gluing it down
Step 4: To Make It an Ornament
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL STEP! IT LOOKS CUTE AS A GIFT WITHOUT THE ORNAMENT STEP AS WELL!
- Poke a hole into one of the card stock circles (the one that will be placed on top)
- String fishing wire through a needle and through all pieces (The card stock, the cotton ball, the Styrofoam, and lastly through the straw)
- To make sure the string doesn't slide though the bottom I used a piece of the straw as a weight to tie underneath the card stock
IF THIS IS CONFUSING WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE TOP IN THE INTRODUCTION
Step 5: Glue It Down
- Use a glue gun to glue the card stock down
- Glue the cotton ball to the card stock
- Glue the Styrofoam ball to the cotton ball
Step 6: Add Your Topping!
- Use the puffy paint to paint on the whipped cream
- Use a paint brush to give it more texture
- Add different color swirls to look like syrup!
Step 7: Get Creative and Personalize It!
- You can decorate the cup in so many ways!
- Give these as gifts or use for your own tree
- Don't forget the free download to make them look like mini Starbucks cups!
Here is the link to the free download of the Starbucks style mini coffee sleeves. http://www.filedropper.com/starbucksholidayminicup
Step 8: Follow Me Places!