The last time I made it I think it came out redder and I'm not sure if that was just the strawberries I used or how long you cook it. I did use organic strawberries last time and just regular ones this time. I'd love to see how it turns out for other people if they make it :)
- 16 oz Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Bottle - You can use an old strawberry sauce bottle or I used this
- Hand Blender or Blender
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Funnel or something that you can easily pour out of
- To start, cut up your strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Mix strawberry pieces and sugar in saucepan.
- Place on stove on medium heat.
- Stir it up. Don't let it burn. As it heats, water will come out of the strawberries. Keep stirring.
- It will boil. Cook it for about 20 minutes. I think the first time I did this I did longer, but 20 minutes seems to be a good amount of time. You just want to make sure you get it to a point where lots of water has been released and the strawberry pieces are soft and you can kind of break them apart by stabbing them with the wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend with hand blender or pour in blender. I did this while it was still hot, I wasn't sure if the strawberries would get more solid if it sat longer.
- Let cool.
- Pour it into a bottle. I didn't have a funnel so I used a liquid measure.
- Keep refrigerated.
(A 16 oz package of strawberries made about 1 1/2 cups of strawberry sauce.)