Introduction: DIY SuperBright Flashlight
A Flashlight is a portable hand held electric light that consists of a light source in a reflector, a transparent cover, battery and a switch. In this instructable, we will learn to make a Superbright LED flashlight at home. The flashlight uses a 5mm white LED as a light source and an aluminium foil acts as reflector.
Step 1: Watch the Video
A video provides good insight into the procedure and helps to understand the instructions well. However, also make sure to visit step 2 for additional pictures and details.
Step 2: Order Parts
- LED 5mm White - http://amzn.to/2sAFYOT
- 100 ohm Resistor - http://amzn.to/2seVmBm
- 9v Battery - http://amzn.to/2txOMJL
- Battery Connector - http://amzn.to/2tegCZf
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2rDrNZp
- Hand PCB Drill - http://amzn.to/2tycbLd
- LED 5mm White - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- 100 ohm Resistor - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- 9v Battery - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Battery Connector - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hot Glue Gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hand PCB Drill - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- LED 5mm White - http://amzn.to/2sAQx4t
- 100 ohm Resistor - http://amzn.to/2sB1W4m
- 9v Battery - http://amzn.to/2sAAYd1
- Battery Connector - http://amzn.to/2sAZNWa
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2qIzwWN
- Hand PCB Drill - http://amzn.to/2t5lp0C
From Home & Local Store: Cardboard, Food Wrapping Aluminium Foil & Insulation Tape
Step 3: Procedure: Prepare the Base
- Cut a piece of cardboard of about 6 cm x 3 cm.
- Wrap the piece of cardboard in a food wrapping Aluminium foil.
- Refer to the images above and mark equidistant holes for 6 LEDs on the cardboard.
- Using a knife tip, cut the foil from the marked holes.
- Make holes for LED legs using a Hand PCB Drill or a needle.
Step 4: Procedure: Insert the LEDs
- Insert the LEDs at the marked holes over the cardboard.
- Using Hot Glue, attach the LEDs to the cardboard.
- Refer to the schematic and connect all the LED legs as shown in series and parallel connection.
- Also, connect a 100 ohm resistor to the circuit to limit the current in LEDs.
- Make two holes at the centre of the cardboard below the LEDs to attach a battery connector.
- Insert the Battery connector wires into the holes make connections according to the schematics.
- Cover the Circuit with an insulating Tape.
Note: You can also add a switch to the circuit
Step 5: Complete Reflector & Test Flashlight
- Take a piece of thick paper of about 10 cm x 1.5 cm (size will vary depending on the size of your flashlight).
- Wrap the paper in food wrapping Aluminium foil.
- Using Hot Glue, attach it to the edges of the cardboard, so as to increase reflection of light.
Our Super bright LED Flashlight is now ready. Connect a 9v Battery to the connector clip and you will find that the Flashlight glows with very high intensity.
So Friends, this here concludes the instructable. Do come back soon for new ones or Follow to receive regular updates. In case you might have missed, have a look at the video and see how I made this wonderful DIY SuperBright LED Flashlight.
Make this wonderful Gadget yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks For Your Support..!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Maybe try using 3 LED's in series with another 3 LED's in series with a 1 ohm resistor in each series.
How do we include a switch to the circuit?
Including a switch is quite simple. Take a simple ON/Off switch and connect it between the +ve battery terminal and the +ve LED terminal (i.e. one switch terminal to the positive battery terminal and the other terminal to the "+ve" LED terminal).