- 1/3 yd of Main Fabric of your choosing. (If 44 inches wide, should be enough for both pieces)
- Accent Fabric (or scrap fabric) that is at least 8 1/2 by 11 inches
- 1/2 inch wide Elastic Band
- Ruler and/or Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine and Thread (matching your fabric)
- Iron/Ironing Board
Step 1: Step 1: Cutting the Fabric
For the main body of the hat, cut a rectangular piece of fabric with the dimensions 12 x 30 inches.
For the top of the hat, I created a pattern using one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Just make sure that one end of the fabric is flat. A sample of what it should look like is included.