This instructable will help you create your own purse or case for your tablet or ebook reader. I actually made mine from a pair of cargo pants that were too small for me and with some decorative fabric from a dress I edited down a bit. I used fabric glue to put most of it together as I couldn't be bothered to sew, but I did hand sew a few parts I thought would wear out quickly. The bag converts from a cross-body bag to a shoulder bag as well. I hope you find the tutorial useful and you can check out my other work at www.sustainabilady.com.
Here's what you need:
- About a yard or less of some type of durable material (I used a pair of cargo pants that were too small)
- About a 1' x 1' piece of decorative fabric (if you'd like)
- About 12' of rope (mine is about a 1/4" in diameter)
- 2 - 7.5" x 4.75" piece of cardboard (mine is from a cereal box)
- 1 - 7.5" x 4.75" piece of polystyrene or foam product (mine is from a camera bag I took apart for something else)
- 2 buttons
- 2 rubber bands
- Fabric glue (I used Aleene's Fabric Fusion - it makes the material ROCK HARD which is great for this project)
- Needle and thread
*ps: I apologize for the less than stellar photos in this instructable. My laptop is being serviced so I'm using a spare one that doesn't have Photoshop. I'm just using my little Olympus point and shoot camera and Microsoft Office Picture Manager to photograph and edit the items and diagrams.