Introduction: DIY Tiered Stand
This tiered tray is one stand-out DIY display that's both pretty and affordable.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- 2 plastic plates
- 2 glass candle holders
- E6000 glue
- Acrylic craft paint (or food safe paint)
- Preval Sprayer
Step 2: Construct the Stand
* First, apply glue to the top rim of a candlestick and attach it to the bottom of a plate.
* Next, glue the bottom, or base, of the other candlestick to the top of the plate you just glued.
* Then, glue the second plate to the top of that candlestick.
Allow the glue to dry for up to 1 hour before spraying.
Step 3: Prepare the Preval Sprayer
When the waiting game is over, prepare your Preval Sprayer.
Add 1 ounce of paint and 2 ounces of water to the jar.
Cap, shake and attach the spray can.
Spray a layer of even paint onto the candle holders and plates, allowing them to dry between each coat.
Step 4: Food Safety
Acrylic paint is not food safe. Do not place food on the tiered tray if you've coated it using regular craft paint.
Food safe paint: If you'd like to use your tiered display for cupcakes or other yummies, use Pebeo Porcelain 150 Paint, available via DickBlick.com. Note, sealing the paint requires oven firing.
Food safe tiered display instructions:
- Purchase porcelain, heat-safe plates and candlesticks.
- Paint the plates and candlesticks, using the Preval Sprayer.
- Oven fire.
- Glue the plates and candlesticks.