This work table made of birch ply and galvanized plumbing pipe is perfectly utilitarian.
Step 1: materials
i gathered all these things from Lowes for around $90. both utility and aesthetics were a concern, which is why i opted for the nicer birch ply top and sturdy hardware. you could certainly make this table for less money and with some found materials.
- (1) 3/4" thick, 2' x 4' piece of birch ply (due to space constraints i opted for this pre-cut piece)
legs + hardware
- (4) 1" diameter x 36" length galvanized steel plumbing pipe (threaded at both ends)
**if you intend to use this piece of furniture more as a desk than a work table, you'll probably want to get 30" length pieces of pipe. 30" is the standard height of most manufactured work desks.
- (4) 1" diameter threaded flange
- (16) 3/4" stainless steel screws (i think they're size 14?)
- (4) black rubber floor protectors