This is my Second time Doing this headphone project . I decided to create this instructable : in hopes of aiding anyone ; in way other guides might not.
Practicality of such a project varies , I will try to address a few circumstances. For me this project was ideal; being that i have Four pairs of headphone drivers ( speakers) that came from old broken headsets: each more expensive than the last. I rather have a little fun and save a few bucks, than buy some new ones. .
Step 1: Materials
You will need :
- salvage them from a broken headset
- or sacrifice a working unit
- or Buy them individually (google shop search: Helment Speakers)
- or find subwoofers , mid range , and tweeter drivers small enough to fit into your contraption
(powering them might get tricky)
- my first hack was with a set of red nascar earmuffs from a Big5 sporting good store.
they were on clearance at $4.99 i spent a little more on this project,
to achieve something more durable and with a nicer look.
- get your earmuffs from wherever you want , thrift stores are a great place
if saving money is an objective
- solder iron, solder wire,
- drill gun (i recommend a drill press if u can access one)
- electrical tape
- double sided tape
- wire cutters, wire strippers or a simple razor ( depends on your cable type)