With this instructable I will show you how to make an quadcopter yourself. The parts are made by an 3D printer and some soldering. This tutorial will show you how to make it!
For this Quadcopter I used these materials:
- 4 x 8x20mm Motor For Hubsan X4 H107C H107D
- 1 x Upgraded Hubsan H107L X4 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Receiver H107-A34
- 1x Hubsan X4 H107L H107C H111 RC Quadcopter Parts Transmitter Mode 2 (SKU088544)
- 1x 3.7V 240mAh Battery For Hubsan X4 H107L H107C U816A V252 RC Quadcopter (SKU039826)
- 1x 3-Leaf Blade for Hubsan X4 H107L H107C H107D H6C CX-30 JXD385 88 392
- 1x PP3DP ABS Filament yellow 1,75 mm (0,7kg)
- 1x PP3DP ABS Filament White 1,75 mm (0,7kg)
(You can order these parts at www.banggood.com or click on the links.)
And the used tools:
- Lasercutter ( I used this for making the body of the first prototype. This one was too big for the engines I used, maybe I will finish this one another time with bigger engines.)
- Soldering iron
Up! Plus 2 3d-Printer
Step 1: Make an Sketch for the Body
For the first step I have drawn an 3-d frame. This frame is downloadable in the instructable. You can easily upload this file into the program you use for your 3-d printer. Now wait till the frame is printed.
As you can see there are 4 holes for screws, I created these holes for an extra part I printed. This extra part is an protection plate for the print and battery.
Step 2: Soldering the Engines
First I started to place the engines in the right order. there are two different engines (one with black/white wires and one with red/blue wires.) In the sketch you can see which wire has to sold where on the receiver print plate.
- The front-left enige is an black/white wired one. (m4)
- The front-right engine is an red/blue wired one. (m3)
- The back-left engine is an red/blue wired one. (m2)
- The back-right engine is an black/white wired one. (m1)
Step 3: Assemble the Parts Together
After I soldered the parts together I placed them onto the frame. First put the engines in the right place after that you can (hot)glue the wires onto the frame, this will hold them in place.
Assembling from the two body parts was easy. This was just placing the two parts on top of each other and connect them with an bolt.
Step 4: Fly!
Fly the drone!