In my room the shape of furniture was particular, so I adopted the sofa shape to it.
If you are interested, you can view the list of my not-yet-realized ideas on my blog
NEW: I published the instructable of the whole attic
Step 1: Materials
- 5 pieces of wood (multilayer or MDF), the size of wood depends on the size of the sofa. I used 110 cm x 120cm (43 x 47 inches)
- Screwdriver (better if electric)
- Electric saw
- Lot of screw
- Metal bars to connect wood pieces
- Sheets of paper (better if they are big)
- High density Foam (10 cm)
- Low density Foam (3 cm)
- Lot of fabric
- Thin plywood
Step 2: Get the shape
You will use the sheet to take the shape of your sofa.
Put the big sheet on the ground and press it along the angles so that it fit al the curves and lines of the furniture.
The result should be like the one on the photo (I still store the paper shape)
Step 3: Cut the wood pieces
Then start cutting the wood with the saw. TAKE YOUR TIME, you want this job done well!
If the wood do not fit perfectly try to adjust using the saw and cutting little bits of wood.
Step 4: Add legs to the sofa
I fixed the legs to the bottom wood with a lot of L shaped metal bars.
Before proceeding I tested that the home theater fit into the central box.