Introduction: DIY Umbrella Stand (reinforced Concrete Base)
When I went to buy the umbrella for my balcony I saw that the base of them more expensive than umbrella! So I said to myself that I could make it...
So, I am going to explain how to you make umbrella stand by yourself. In my experience total approximate cost will be $10.
Materials & Tools
1- Basin $2 - (d:45-50 cm look be nice)
2- Grate rod - $3 (You can use any metal material for reinforge, in my opinion grate rod is easy to get)
3- Pipe $0,5 (Soft fixed for the handle of umbrella, I used PVC dn50)
4- Sack of Cement - $ 3-4 (25 kg)
5- Water (8-10 lt)
6- Hacksaw, Pliers, Flush cutter etc.
Step 1: Prepare Reinforcement and Handling
- My first project is make stand and use with basin. Because the basin gives some changes. If you want to that you plant flower or turf, fill up some decorative stones etc. But when I saw the result I changed my mind. May be you want to use that with basin...
(You can see explanations in the pictures)
Step 2: Prepare Concrete and Pour
- You can prepare part by part, that way will be easy for mix. I was done in 4th times...
- You should mix well! Be careful for the dry spheres. The dry sphere seems like apricot and the concrete will be weak...
- Shake the basin sometimes, we want to that the concrete shold be spread all of space.
Step 3: Hardening...
- Curing time about 24 hours.
Have a nice day...