• In the “Vertical” menu change the scale for both channels to 20mV/div.
• In the “Acquisition” menu change the averaging to “Avg 10”.
• In the “Levels” menu move the sliders “CH1” and “CH2” to the middle. The ground level indicators (blue and red arrow on the left in the waveform display) will be in the middle as well.
• Short the probes, i.e. connect red grabber and black grabber together.
With a small screwdriver you can now adjust the offsets of the two channels:
• Adjusting the two blue square trimmers (VR1 and VR2) will move the respective trace (red = CH1 and blue = CH2) up and down.
• Adjust the trimmers so the red trace is exactly at the height of the red arrow on the left, and the blue trace is exactly at the height of the blue arrow. Done!