Launched in Kickstarter, Lumera is a new hackeable device that transforms DSLR cameras into the smartest.
Our hexacopter drone flying a DSLR Camera with Lumera on top of it! you can see Lumera live view feature from one of our DSLR cameras to an iPad. This is of course one of the endless possibilities you will be able to explore with Lumera.
Step 1: Materials
- (1x) Arduino based hexacopter http://store.3drobotics.com/products/arducopter-3...
- (1x) DLSR Camera aprox 750 gr. the one in video was http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-18-55mm-discon...
- (1x) MDF sheet 3mm A4 size
- (1x) MDF sheet 5mm A4 size
- (2x) Recycled polyethylene laminated foam sheet ½” tickness http://www.newenglandfoam.com/polyethylene.html
- (5x) Screw 1.25", 4-40 https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10928
- (5x) Nut - Metal (4-40, 10 pack) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10454
- (1x) Lumera (available in Kickstarter, another OpenWRT based device can works)
- (1x) iPad with Lumera App
- (1x) 1/4" camera mounting screw http://www.amazon.com/SmallRig-D-ring-Screw-Quick-...
- (4x) 8” nylon ties http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Clear-Nylon-Cable-Ties/...
Step 2: Prepare Vibrating Damper Laser Cutting Machine
Use laser cutting machine along with these files, to obtain picture below:
For top use MDF 5mmm Sheet
For Bottom use MDF 3mm Sheet.
Cut foam using the shape given.
Step 3: Assembly Foam Vibration Damper
Use 4 1.25” screws to fix both MDF cuted sheets and the foam.
Step 4: Lumera on Top of Camera
Place Lumera with the hotshoe on top of camera with an USB Cable.
Step 5: Fix Camera to Drone
Fix the camera to the drone using 2 nylon ties.
Step 7: Prepare Drone for Flying.
- Turn on camera and Lumera (or OpenWrt Device).
- Connect iPad to Lumera network.
- Turn on Lumera Ipad Application.
Step 8: Fly! and Liveview
Fly your Drone and watch liveview from iPad