The “Leg Mother Bench” is my new invention which I am happy to share with you. It will not only make you feel wonderful, but it is also soothing, healthy and therapeutic--and it easily fits under most workstation desks and tables so you can use it at work or at home. Or if you practice Reiki or Reflexology, you can easily take your Leg Mother along on house calls.
The Leg Mother is like sitting next to a warm campfire while you work!
· Intense therapeutic moist heat and comfortable leg rest.
· Fits right under your workstation desk or table leaving room for your legs to move around.
· Approximate dimensions with pillow and heating pad--width 24", depth 18", height 20".
· Easy to carry and readily fits into your car's back seat allowing practitioners to take it on calls.
· Easy to position, rolls on casters, two of which are lockable.
· Also works as an easy-to-move, relaxing leg and foot rest with the heat off.
· Elevates your feet and legs which is great for promoting circulation.
· Includes stand, high, penetrating heat pad, and luxurious down pillow.
· You can conveniently store the pad in the base when not in use.
· Pad can also be placed on your lap, making a cold office comfortable
(no more fighting over the thermostat settings).
· Ordering the components is easy on the Web.
There are four components used in the Leg Mother:
· A professional quality heating pad.
· A mobile base.
· An especially well suited down pillow.
· Custom cases for your pad and pillow.
· 4” Phillips head screwdriver
· bath towel
· 6’ of stout string or ribbon
· About an hour to assemble
· Lifetime of appreciation
There are two versions to choose from.
You can enjoy the "Home/Office Leg Mother" while you are blissfully working away at your desk--or if you practice Reiki or Reflexology, use the "Therapeutic Leg Mother" version on your lucky patients.
The cost of the four components varies with the distributor; mine cost less than $225 including shipping. The sources that I used are listed with each item.
Step 1: Choose the best heating pad for you.
Thermophore MaxHEAT Arthritis Moist Heat Pad (14”x 27”)
For the therapeutic version of Leg Mother, I recommend the Thermophore MaxHEAT system from Battle Creek Manufacturing. If you have a leg issue, like my strained Achilles tendon, this is the perfect pad for you. If you practice Reiki or Reflexology, this will be a wonderful addition to your healing arsenal and you can take it with you to home and office therapy sessions--no bulky massage table to lug around. This holistic healing system is also ideal for people that want the benefits of deep, penetrating heat for use at home or at work. This is the system that I first discovered and am using as I write this. It is a joy to use!
The Thermophore MaxHeat is a serious, high temperature heating pad that can reach temperature of 180 degrees which deeply penetrates and heals muscles and tendons. Note that this pad has a single heat setting, but if you are familiar with the Thermophore Classic heating pad which has a manual on switch that has to be continuously depressed to function, the new MaxHeat model has a digital timer which keeps the heat on for 20 minute cycles—which you can repeat to your liking, but not have to worry whether you left your pad on!. This pad generates a moist, penetrating heat with moisture drawn from the air. SOURCE: Direct from Amazon. I recommend the large 14" x 27" version.
Alternative 2. Home/Office Leg Mother
TheraTherm Digital Moist Heating Pad (14”x27”)
For home or office use or when you just want to be warm and toasty, I recommend the Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad. The advantages of this pad are that it has variable heat settings as well as a timer. It reaches a maximum temperature of 166 degrees which is more than enough to warm you up, but not as hot as the Thermophore which reaches 180 degrees. Like the Thermophore, the TheraTherm draws moisture from the air and releases it as moist heat. SOURCE: Direct from Amazon. I recommend the large 14" x 27" version.