Step 1: Ingredients
- Mix a bit of olive oil to keep the boiling foam down.
- Mix in several hot dogs sliced into circles and boil together
- Drain and keep a cup of the liquid
- Brown a 1/3 stick of butter
- Mix drained noodles and boiled hot dog slices with butter in pan
- Sprinkle and stir garlic powder to taste
- Add ketchup again to taste
- Over low heat pour the cup of previously collected boil juice and mix gently
- When the mixture is absorbed it is ready
- Serve " Daddy's Spaghetti " to grand children and even some adults when camping in the wilds of Nevada's huge empty spaces :-)
- Plus you have two unused seasoning packets for other applications !
Step 2: BOIL
I like to paraphrase, the three witches in William Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Whenever there is cauldron rolling boil on the stove beneath me ( I'm 6'1" high )
- Take three Ramen packages
- Cut up four hot dogs ( one plus the number of Ramen packs )
- Put it in enough water to submerge it all ( yes it floats )
- Add about 1/4 cup of olive oil ( keeps the foam down )
- Add only one seasoning packet per three noddle packages.
- Start a rolling boil and reduce the heat to a boil ( about 3 Minutes )
Step 3: DRAIN
But keep a cup of the juice for later.
Step 4: SEASON to FLAVOR and ABSORBE
- After browning the butter,
- Drop the noodles with dogs to mix with butter
- Then sprinkle the Garlic powder to taste
- It doesn't hurt to add some more butter on top
- Add the Ketchup, Pour in the cup of Boil juice and
- Simmer over low heat until absorbed.