Step 1: Ingredients
1. Dal (1 cup/ depending on the quantity you require)
2.Oil (Few TSP)
3 Onion (1 whole finely chopped)
4. Green Chili (Finely chopped)
5. Kitchen King Masala (Its just a Spice mix and the most important. You can use the one from market or just make some.Google it)
6. Milk (1/2 cup+optional important ingredient for the TWIST)
7. Salt and pepper (To Taste)
8. Cumin seeds, Mustard Seeds,Bengal Gram (Few seeds of each)
9. Turmeric (1/2 TSP)
1. Wheat flour
Step 2: Preparation
Now, while the dal gets cooked. Mix all ingredients for Poori in a mixing bowl and prepare a dough using water or oil (water recommended). Make sure the dough is not too dry nor too wet. Just soft.
Now, make small balls of the dough and roll it flat using a rolling pin. Make sure its about less than 1 mm thick and slightly bigger than you palm in diameter. Set it aside and cover it so that it does not dry up!
Step 3: Cooking the Dal and Poori
Now to cook the poori. Heat up oil in another kadai and drop the poori one after the other into it and fry them until they are a little brown on some regions. take them out and drain the oil on a paper napkin. Your Poori is ready.
Now open the lid on your dal tadka and transfer it into a serving bowl.
For people who diet, eat this as your cheat meal once a week, so that even you can taste this dish.
(Sorry for the grainy photos. My camera took only one photo and the lens cover got screwed up so I had to use my 2MP phone camera)
You can also drop in a boiled egg or some fried paneer (cottage cheese) if you like.
Savor every moment of the life you live and the food you eat.