You will need:
- Red felt
- White felt
- Red sewing thread and needle and/or red embroidery floss
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Ribbon or similar, approximately 20 cm length
- Black embroidery floss or two small black seed (size 8 is ideal) beads
- Seed beads (size 11) in red, white, gold, silver etc (optional)
- Scissors and Glue suitable for fabric
Step 1: Cut!
Cut two (2) saddle pieces "S" from white felt.
Cut two (2) bridle pieces "B" from white felt.
Cut two (2) girth pieces "G" from white felt.
Cut two (2) chest pieces "C" from white felt.
You can either pin the template pieces to the felt and cut around them, or you can trace around the templates on to the felt before cutting.
Step 2: Glue and Embroider!
Embroider running stitch decoration using red thread.
Glue the saddle pieces on top, again using template as a guide.
Embroider running stitch and snowflake decorations.
Sew the black seed beads into place for eyes, or use black embroidery floss and make french knots for eyes.
If you are using seed beads for additional decoration, sew these on now. Take care with placement, so they don't interfere with sewing the bodies together later (Learn From My Fail).