Introduction: Dalek Costume Halloween 2014
My 10 year old son said, "Mom, a Tardis is too simple. No one believes I can make a Dalek, so I will make a Dalek."
We couldn't find a template online so we Googled Dalek Cardboard Costumes.
- We found pictures of others' costumes to get a sense of how they tackled the neck/head issue.
- Found images of Daleks in profile and bird's eye (GI Joe's page <http://sean.adventureteam.com/pages/customs/daleks...> and <http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/dalek/inside/> were most helpful)
- Gathered materials
- large cardboard sheets came from refrigerator boxes and from what must have been protective packaging around flat maps or plastic because they measured, broken down, 48" X 72" approx.
- Gorilla Tape, Duck Tape (silver), Painter's tape, masking tape
- Brass fasteners
- Spray paint (gold and a bronzy brown)
- small toilet plunger for Sucker Arm
- paint roller for the Gun
- flashlight, blue highlighter, and vacuum tube for the Eye
- plastic ornament balls that were already in halves for the Globes
- black foam tube insulation for bumper/Power System
- black plastic mesh and wooden dowels for neck
- LED stick on lights for the top of the head
- clear plastic ice cream cups for light covers
- a disposable fruit bowl cover that I cut up to create a track on which head could pivot
- mini hot glue gun
- I used masking tape on the outside, believing spray paint would adhere better and Gorilla Tape or Duck Tape on the inside to reinforce the seams