Introduction: Dance Bot
Hello! Do you want to dance with your robot? Do you want to hear the music? Well, no worry! Look at the Dance Bot!
***P.S. You can decorate it however you would like. We weren't able to because of time constraints.
Step 1: Gather All of Your Materials!
- 6 pieces of Birch wood (cut to 9.5 in x 8.75 in)
- 4 pieces of Birch wood (cut to 5.5 in x 5.5 in)
- 1 piece of Birch wood (cut to 4.5 in x 4.5 in) (All of the wood can be bought at your nearest home and improvement store.)
- Bluetooth speaker (Note: The size should be about 2.25 inches.)
- Any brand of wood glue.
- Some small pieces of cardboard.
- Hummingbird (Coding machine)
- LED lights
- 2 hinges (They should be about 2.5 cm long)
- Screws (about one-inch long)
Step 2: Glue It!
Glue all of your pieces of Birch wood!
- For your 6 pieces (9.5 in x 8.75 in) , those should be glued first. One piece of wood should be glued on the top and another should be glued on the bottom. **SAVE ONE PIECE OF YOUR WOOD FOR LATER. (REMEMBER TO WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE GLUE TO DRY!)
- For your 3 pieces (5.5 in x 5.5 in), that should be glued second. (WAIT AGAIN!)
- For your last piece of birch wood (4.5 in x 4.5 in), that should be glued last. This last piece should be (WAIT AGAIN!)
***REMEMBER TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH THE GLUE! BE COGNIZANT ON HOW YOU ARE GLUING YOUR PIECES TOGETHER!
Step 3: Drilling Time!
Next, the time has come for you to drill on your wood!
- Firstly, mark the areas where the wood should be drilled.
- On the back of the box, this is where the 1 piece of cardboard (9.5 inches x 8.75 inches) should come in handy!
- Drill 2 holes on the top of the left side of the box. Then, drill 2 holes on the top of the right side of the box. (SEE PICTURES)
- Moving on, drill a large hole on the front lower center of the box. (See picture) Then, drill a small hole next to it. (see picture)
- Next, drill a somewhat small hole on the upper left and right side of the box.
- Lastly, drill a hole on the upper inside of the box. (see pictures)
Step 4: Cardboard Time!
Now it is time to add that cardboard!
- In the picture, you see we have some extra wood in it. If you have some extra wood, you should use it for this step.
- If not, grab some cardboard.
- Cut your card board to a length of 4.5 inches. The width should be 4.5 inches also.
- If you have any other cardboard pieces, center it to the middle of the inside of the box and put about 5 pieces of cardboard. This is mainly to hold the speaker inside.
Step 5: Coding Time!
- Do all of the coding on a system named SNAP!
- Get all the necessary wires and such!
- GET IT READY!
- MAKE SURE ALL CODING IS GOOD!
Step 6: YOUR DONE!
-congrats, you did it! It's done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.