These would make awesome party favors for a little girl’s party! They’re quick and easy, and relatively inexpensive. They would also work great in Easter or May Day baskets, or make them red-white-and-blue for the 4th of July, or Christmas-them-up for stocking stuffers!
You can download a PDF of this tutorial on my website.
Step 1: Materials & Supplies
An easy (and cheaper) substitute would be shower curtain rings if you’d rather use plastic, and they come in a variety of colors. However they are designed to pop open, which may lead to pinched fingers, and they're kind of goofy shaped.
- 1-3/8" wood clip rings; Measure approx. 2" inner and 2-3/4" outer diameters.
- 3/8" poly satin ribbon: (3) 18-ft. spools per pair of rings for triple-colored ring sets.
- a lighter, or matches and a candle
- craft, fabric, or tacky glue (optional)
Step 3: Measure and cut ribbons.
- To make triple-colored ring sets, you’ll need at least three(3) 18-ft. spools and it will make one pair of rings.*
- To make 5-colored ring sets, you’ll need at least five(5) 18-ft. spools which will be enough to make two pairs of rings.*